South County Chambers of Commerce recently requested nominations of businesses in Arroyo Grande that would qualify as a “COVID Safety Superstar.” This title refers to a business that is following COVID guidelines and has gone above and beyond to keep their customers and employees safe throughout the pandemic.
Businesses are nominated by the public, and employees may nominate their own employer. The business will be promoted on social media, receive a window decal from the South County Chambers of Commerce, and will be recognized by the City of Arroyo Grande for their dedication to safety.
The criteria for a business to be nominated as an Arroyo Grande COVID Safety Superstar Criteria is:
- Business must be in Arroyo Grande.
2. Business must "shine" and standout by following COVID guidelines and conduct business with the safety of their staff and customers as top of mind.
These businesses were nominated by the community and will be recognized by the City of Arroyo Grande and the South County Chambers of Commerce:
- CAPSLO: The Center for Health and Prevention
- Rutiz Farms
- Arroyo Grande Recreation Services Children in Motion (childcare program)
- Hair Saloon & Spa
- Golden Moon Restaurant
- Trader Joe’s
- Sweet Pea Bakery
- Massage Envy
- Sunset North Car Wash
- Zumba with Heidy Mangiardi
- Ember Restaurant
- Timbre Winery
- Tribe Coffeehouse
- Planet Fitness
- Arroyo Grande Meat Company
- Mule Bakery (formerly Éclair Bakery)
- Miner’s Ace Hardware
- Heritage Salon
- Achievement House Thrift Store
- Starbucks at Oak Park and West Branch St.
The COVID Safety Superstar program is a new, ongoing business recognition effort of South County Chambers of Commerce in partnership with the City of Arroyo Grande. Multiple businesses that qualify for this nomination will be recognized each month.
To nominate a business that meets these criteria, please click here for the online application. If you have any questions, please call (805) 489-1488, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.