The Planning Division assists the community, the City Council, and the Planning Commission in preparing for the City's future growth and development, as well as reviews current development plans for consistency with local ordinances. The division administers the Development Code and deals with transportation, housing, community facilities, public safety, open space, design, and the use of land.
The Planning Division oversees economic development efforts to create an atmosphere conducive to the retention, expansion, and creation of quality businesses, consistent with the community's vision of Arroyo Grande. This effort will result in maintaining and increasing the number of jobs and enhancing the fiscal position of the city through increased business tax, sales tax, and property tax revenues.
- Berry Gardens Specific Plan (PDF)
- Bicycle and Trails Master Plan
- Climate Action Plan (PDF)
- Design Guidelines and Standards for Design Overlay District (D-2.11) Traffic Way & Station Way (PDF)
- Design Guidelines and Standards for Mixed-Use Districts (PDF)
- Draft Halcyon Complete Streets Plan (June 2023)
- East Cherry Avenue Specific Plan (PDF)